[Last Modified: May 23, 2018]
Cedato Technologies LTD (collectively with its affiliates and subsidiaries shall be referred to as “Cedato”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) is an online advertising and technology company that provides an open video operating system (“Player”), and an ad serving platform (collectively with the Player shall be defined herein as “Services”). We enable demand and supply partners (“Business Partners”) to use our Services for optimizing and enhancing their video campaigns.
Further, our Player enables end users (“User”) to enjoy an enhanced viewing experience over mobile webpages, desktop websites and connected TV (“Digital Assets”).
Your privacy is of high importance to Cedato, and we want you to fully understand how we are collecting and using information during your use of the Services, Digital Assets, or our website available at: https://cedato.com/ (“Website”) as well as the ways in which you may exercise your rights. Thus, we strongly recommended you to take the time to review this Policy and understand our privacy practices.
We have included below information about which information is collected, how we process and use your data, but before we would like to explain the basis on which we do so:
(i) Where you sign up for any of our services, we process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you;
(ii) If we have a legitimate interest in processing data, such as for direct marketing or online identifiers when you access our Website or interact with our Services; or
(iii) We will also process your personal data where you have provided us with consent to do so.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at: at: email@example.com (or as described below).
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion. The most recent version of the Policy will always be posted on the Website. The updated date of the Policy will be reflected in the “Last Modified” heading. In the event of material amendments, that will substantially affect our privacy practices or your rights, we will make best efforts to provide an applicable notification. Any amendments to the Policy will become effective immediately upon the display of the modified Policy. Your continued use of the Services following the display of such modified Policy, constitutes your acknowledgement and consent of such amendments and your agreement to be bound by the updated terms. We recommend you to review this Policy periodically to ensure that you understand our most updated privacy practices.
Information We Collect
Our Player, used in the Digital Assets, is a software that allows our Business Partners to provide Users with video content, including personalized content and advertisements. We may track this information over time and across multiple devices (and may also combine it with additional data from other sources) in order to deliver targeted advertisements through the Player. In addition, we may collect information during your interaction with our Services or Website, as applicable.
Non – Personal Information
We may collect non-identifiable information which may be made available or gathered via your use of Services or the Website (“Non-Personal Information”). The Non- Personal Information does not identify you. The Non-Personal Information includes your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, as follows:
(i) Type of operating system;
(ii) Type of browser;
(iii) The time and date you access the Services or the Website, connect or disconnect to the Services;
(iv) User’s actions (i.e., regarding its view and interaction with the Services and the Website);
(v) Approximate geographical location;
(vi) Log files; when you use our Services or interact with the Player, we may collect and store certain information in server logs;
(vii) Redirecting URLs.
We may collect information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Information”), as follows:
(i) Contact details: If you contact us in any manner, including through the “Contact Us” page in the Website, support, request to “schedule a meeting” form, request for “more information” form, or any other request or notification, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, or in any other manner, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
(ii) Newsletter Subscription:If you voluntarily subscribe to our Newsletter you will be asked to provide us with your name and email address. You can unsubscribe at any moment through the “unsubscribe” link. Note that, requesting to unsubscribe from marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at our Website).
(iii) Request to receive an ePaper or view a webinar: If you voluntarily submit an online in order to receive an ePaper from us or view our webinar, you will be asked to provide us with your name and email address.
(iv) Identifiers: we may collect certain identifiers such as your IP addresses, Android ID, Advertising ID (if you are using an Android device) and IDFA (if you are using an iOS device) for advertising, optimization, performance and analytic purposes. The Identifiers might be collected by our third party analytic and optimization partners which their Cookies we use in our Website, as detailed below. Note that, while these identifiers are considered personally identifiable information in many jurisdictions (such as the EEA), there are some jurisdictions in which such data sets are not considered as Personal Information. Therefore, we treat such information as Personal Information, in accordance with applicable laws. The information collected may be also stored on your device. Please see opt – out options below.
(vi) Job Application: if you are interested in working with us, you may voluntarily send us your CV through the applicable button located in the Website.
If we combine Personal Information with Non-Personal Information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
How Do We Use the Information and the Purpose of Collection
We use your information in a number of different ways and for different purposes, depends on the type of information and your interaction with our Website or Services, all as detailed below:
- Technical Non-Personal Information and Identifiers: We collect this type of information when you browse our Website or use our Services for the purpose of: (i) our legitimate interests of operating, providing, maintaining, protecting, managing, customizing and improving our Website and Services and the way in which we offer them; (ii) enhancing your experience with the Website and Services; (iii) our legitimate interests of auditing and tracking usage statistics and traffic flow, detecting fraud, security or technical issues in connection with the Website and Service, auditing our affiliates, and calculating payments; (iv) perform research, for analytical and statistical purposes; and (v) to optimize the content served through the Player based on the User’s preferences, uses and interactions with the Services;
- Contact Details and email address: We collect this information in order to perform our contract with you, meaning, in the event you contact us through the Website, or through any other means of communication, we will use your contact details and save your contact history with us in order to respond to your inquiry, provide you with support, assistance or any other service requested by you. We will send you a “Welcome” email and following our applicable team representative will contact you. In addition, we may inform our Business Partners about our services, such as upcoming changes or improvements, events, etc.;
- Newsletter registration & Materials Request: If you voluntarily register to our newsletter and events updates, or otherwise submit a form requesting to receive any materials from us (e.g., ePaper, information regarding our Services, etc.), we will use your information to perform our contract with you and send you the materials you have requested.
- Recruitment: In the event you send us your CV, note that, your provision of Personal Information in connection with recruiting is voluntary, and you determine the extent of information you provide us. We do not request or require sensitive personal information concerning religion, health, sexual orientation, or political affiliation in connection with recruiting. We will use the information you have provided solely to communicate with you, to manage our recruiting and hiring processes, and for compliance with corporate governance and legal and regulatory requirements. If you are hired, the information may be used in connection with employment and corporate management.
- Remarketing: When you access our Website or use our Services available therein, we might collect or transfer Identifiers and other Non-Personal Information in order to customize your experience and provide you with customize content and ads. We might employ third-party service provider’s cookies to serve ads based on your past visits to the Website, meaning, if you have previously visited our Website, you may be presented with advertisements provided by us regarding our Websites and Services while you browse online.
- We may use your Non-Personal Information and Personal Information in order to protect our or third parties’ rights or property, resolve disputes and enforce our policies.
How We Collect Information
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we may collect the above detailed information from you, as follows: (i) automatically, including through the use of JS code, Cookies (as detailed below), and other similar tracking technologies when you interact with our Player or visit our Website; or (ii) when you voluntarily choose to provide us with information, i.e. when you contact us, register to our Newsletter, etc., all as detailed in this Policy. We may also acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you voluntarily provide us or that we collect automatically. Whenever technically possible and required under applicable law, we will ask for your consent to collect your Personal Information and offer you the choice to opt-out.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
For more information about cookies and your controls in this regard, you may review the following links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies some features of the Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited
- Google Analytics and Google AdWords: The Google Analytic cookie is placed in order to track and analyze the use of our Services, for internal analytic purposes. We use AdWords for remarketing purposes as detailed above. To learn more about how Google uses data from our use of Google Analytics Cookies, we recommend you review Google’s policies located at:google.com/policies/privacy/partners. We also encourage you to review the Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web tool available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and, https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
Third Party Content
With Whom We Share Information
We will not share any Personal Information collected from you with third parties or any of our partners except in the following events:
(i) Authorized Disclosures. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties when you consent to a particular disclosure. Please note that once we share your information with a third party, that information becomes subject to the third party’s privacy practices.
(ii) Compelled Disclosures. We will share your information, solely to the extent needed to comply with any applicable law or permitted by it, regulation, legal process or governmental request (e.g., pursuant to law enforcement inquiries, subpoenas or court orders), or when we believe, in good faith, it is required in order to enforce our policies (including our policies and agreements) including investigations of potential violations thereof or to detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues. In addition, we will share your information, solely to the extent needed to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims or to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party or for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
(iii) Agents / Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Information to our trusted agents and service providers so that they can perform requested services on our behalf (among others, as detailed in the “Cookies and other technologies” Section above). For example, we may share your email address with a third-party service provider in order to assist us with email marketing. These entities are prohibited from using your personal information for any purposes other than providing us with requested services.
(v) Identifiers. We may share identifiers collected by us (as detailed above), for the purpose of operating our business and providing the Services, as well as to calculate payments and detect fraud, security or technical issues in connection with the Services.
Regarding Non-Personal Information, we may share or aggregate Non-Personal Information with Business Partners and other third parties in accordance with the terms of this Policy. We may store Non-Personal and Personal Information on our servers or our cloud servers, use or share Non-Personal Information in any of the above circumstances, as well as for the purpose of providing and improving our Service as detailed above. Furthermore, we reserve the right to use, disclose or transfer (for business purposes or otherwise) aggregated and processed data to third parties, including, inter alia, affiliates, for various purposes including commercial use. This information may be collected, processed and analyzed by us and transferred in a combined, collectively and aggregated manner (i.e., your information is immediately aggregated with other users) to third parties.
Your Rights and Opt- Out Choices
We acknowledge that different people have different privacy concerns and preferences. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. We provide you with the ability to exercise certain choices, rights and controls in connection with your information. Depending on your relationship with Cedato (e.g., if you are a User or Business Partner), data protection and privacy laws provide you with the following rights regarding your Personal Information:
- the right to access your Personal Information that we hold;
- the right to request the rectification of your Personal Information that we hold;
- the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information that we hold;
- the right to request to restrict processing of your Personal Information;
- the right to object to processing of your Personal Information by us;
- the right to request to transfer your Personal Information that we hold (e., data portability);
- the right to file a complaint to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction; and
- the right to withdraw consent.
Note that, in the event you contact us and request any of the above, note that we may require certain information from you in order to verify your identity and locate your data. Such process may take up until one (1) month, subject to applicable privacy legislation. Privacy related legislation in your jurisdiction may provide you with different or additional rights related to your information.
- Opt-Out controls: you may easily opt out of the data collection, sharing process and targeted advertising services related to our Service. Please note that even if you opt-out, you may still receive content and advertising, however it will not be targeted:
(i) You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us, by adjusting the privacy and security settings of your web browser. Please refer to the support page of Google Chrome, FireFox, SafariExplorer and other browser in order learn more about cookies policy settings.
(ii) You may limit the disclosure of certain Non-Personal Information by your mobile device to us and our Business Partners by adjusting the settings on your mobile device. You should review your device settings and instructions. Notwithstanding, we provide the following instructions solely for informational purposes (as they might be revised by the device supplier): For iOS mobile Devices, go to “Settings” from your Device’s home screen; scroll down to “Privacy”; select “Advertising”; and turn on “Limit Ad Tracking.” For Android mobile Devices, go to “Google Settings” on your Device; select “Ads”; and check the box labeled “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads.” Please read your device specific information to learn how to opt-out:
(iii) You may opt out of certain advertisers’ cookies and browser-enabled, interest-based advertising at the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) website-NAI consumer opt-out and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) website- DAA opt-out page.
(iv) Our Business Partners may also provide ways for you to opt out from or limit their collection of information from and about you. Please refer to the Business Partner’s privacy policies. Please note, however, that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of Our Business Partners, and other third parties.
If you would like additional information about your choices and controls related to your information, or you would like to access your Personal Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
Note that once you opt out, part of the Services provided by us might no longer be available and some features may not work if you revoke the data transfer. In the event, that you have any additional complaints about your privacy rights, please initially contact the Data Protection Officer. Please note that you have the right at any time to contact your local data protection authority.
Security Measures and Data Retention
We work hard to protect Cedato and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Information we hold. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures for the Services that comply with applicable laws and industry such as: encryption using SSL, we minimize the amount of data that we store on our servers, restrict access to personal information to Cedato employees, contractors and agents, etc. However, we can’t provide 100% security and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will be able to prevent such access. For more information regarding Cedato’s Security Measures, please click here .
If you have reasonable concern with that any person attempted to abuse our Service, or gain unauthorized access please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further, in the event of a data breach, in which we discover your Personal Information is at risk, we will notify you through the Services or, if technically possible, by sending you an email, subject to applicable law requirements.
We retain the Non-Personal Information we collected for as long as needed to provide the Service, carry out our business purpose and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, in accordance and compliance with applicable laws, or until an individual request us to delete its Personal Information, as detailed above, but not longer than 24 months in an identifiable form, or as required by law.
We are entitled to rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our sole discretion.
If you become aware or have any reason to believe that a Child has shared any information with us, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Do Not Track Disclosure
The Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals. For more information about Do Not Track signals, please see: http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or any concerns with respect to how your privacy any information are handled, please contact us at:
Cedato Technologies LTD
6A Hanagar St. Hod Hasharon, Israel. ZIP 4527704.
You can also contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer:
If you have any requests regarding the data collected under this Policy, including without limitation, requests to remove, delete, amend, modify or transfer the data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
Please include your name, address and email address in any correspondence so that we can respond to your inquiry or request.